Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
You agree that the sole and exclusive maximum liability to Libra Trailer Parts arising from any product sold
on this site shall be the price of the product ordered. In no event shall Libra Trailer Parts, its officers,
employees or other representatives be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages
related to products sold.
Limited Tire Warranty Information
SPECIALTY TIRE WARRANTY
LIBRA supplies high-quality SPECIALTY tires, and warrants to the original retail purchaser with proof of purchase documentation that the tire will be free from defect in material and workmanship.
Limited Warranty on Materials and Workmanship
Limited Warranty coverage applies for two years* from manufacture date or one year from purchase date, whichever comes first. Should a LIBRA SPECIALTY tire be determined unserviceable by an authorized dealer/distributor due to a condition other than those listed in the “WHAT IS NOT COVERED” section of the warranty, you will either receive a comparable new LIBRA tire at no charge (other than labor and taxes) or a prorated credit toward the purchase of a comparable new LIBRA tire equal to the percentage of usable tread remaining. Usable tread does not include the last 2/32nds of tread depth. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY ALL LABOR COSTS INCURRED IN MOUNTING AND BALANCING THE TIRE IN ADDITION TO ALL APPLICABLE TAXES. Ride, balance, out-of-round tires and vibration complaints after the first ten percent (10%) of tread wear will not be covered.
What Is Not Covered: (including but not limited to)
- Tires rendered unserviceable by road hazard-type damage such as impact breaks, punctures, cuts or snags; or as a result of an obstruction on the vehicle, fire, corrosives, running while flat, misalignment, improperly maintained balance, suspension, deficiencies, improper inflation, overloading, improper mounting or rim fitment; or by spinning, as in mud, snow, sand, on ice, during on-the-vehicle balancing, driving at a speed more than maximum speed rating (if applicable), or dynamometer testing.
- Tires with less than 2/32nd of an inch of tread depth in any portion of the tire.
- Tires on vehicles operated outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Tires used for racing or other competition events.
- Tires purchased from someone other than: a LIBRA dealer/distributor or LIBRA e-store.
- Tires used in any application not recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Tires designated front or rear used in a position other than their designated position.
- Claims made by anyone other than the first retail purchaser of the tire.
- Tires improperly repaired, with section repairs, or that have been modified by the addition or removal of material.
- Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants, or in which anything other than air has been used as the support medium.
- Ozone cracking/weather checking for tires treated with dressings or incompatible cleaning agents or submitted more than one year after manufacture.
- Damaged bead wire and/or bead seating area.
- Cosmetic irregularities
- There is no warranty for mileage on SPECIALTY tires.
Warranty Disclaimer: Except as stated above and unless otherwise provided by law, there is no warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, express or implied.
Limitation of Liability: In no event shall LIBRA be liable for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or liabilities (including but not limited to incidental or consequential damages for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle, cost of towing or transportation, property damage or any other consequential or incidental loss) in connection with the purchase, use, or operation of the tire, whether due to a breach of warranty, breach of contract or otherwise.
Claim Processing Procedures:
- Claims must be filed within 15 days from discovery of defect. LIBRA reserves the right to inspect all products before accepting adjustments.
- To file a claim, an official claim form must be completed in full and submitted to LIBRA. A copy of the original sales receipt and pictures showing the defect must also be included.
- Please email required documents to SALES@LibraResources.com.
* Except for ozone cracking/weather checking, which is one year from date of manufacture